Blog Views

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Restaurant Week 2009!


Paul and I decided to partake in Restaurant Week this year and we highly recommend it to all our friends. Its a pretty simple concept...a number of the cities top restaurants come up with a special 3-course meal priced at $30/person (they do lunches as well, I think for $15/person). Some restaurants have choices and for others it is a fixed menu. First, we went to Masa last Sunday night with some of my work colleagues (pictured). A shout out thanks to Katie Sexe and Kevin Talbot for organizing the reservations. Paul and I thought the menu was very good, but both wished they had offered their yummy chocolate cake for the dessert course rather than the vanilla tres leches cake which was just "ok." Friday night we went with friends Julian and Dawn Janes to Ruth's Chris and it did not disappoint!! The menu choices were simple and pretty much flawless from my perspective. A fabulous Cesar salad to start, a main course of a petite fillet with grilled shrimp and finished off with fresh berries and chocolate mousse! Great wine pairings were also offered for each entree selection. I liked the Estancia Pino Grigio. We just may have to go back next year during restaurant week, if not before. As I write this I am unfortunately reminded that I have royally failed my 2009 New Year's resolultion to lose weight/get fit..oh well, there is always tomorrow right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Little Bit About Me.

In an effort to stay better connected with friends and family near and far I have decided to begin this blog to share the happenings and highlights which make up the days of our lives...I hope you enjoy!