Blog Views

Saturday, January 9, 2010

There's No Place Like Home For the Holidays








After a horrific time getting both Paul and I to Kansas City to meet up for the last 2 hour drive to Columbia, we finally made it in just in time for our traditional greasy cheeseburgers and chips with my family at Columbia's finest--Booches Pool Hall--on the night of the 23rd. It is simply the best and has been a mainstay in my hometown's downtown shopping/dining district for many years!!! We started this family tradition after Paul and his groomsman discovered Booches during our wedding weekend (if truth be told I think they were in their stuffing their faces and having beers until about 10 minutes before the ceremony), and now that it is thankfully smoke free it has become a family tradition each Christmas!!

Columbia was wet, snowy and cold these year compared to the last few Christmas visits which were very warm, but seeing as how it is like -10 outside right now, I feel sort of silly even mentioning that the 25 degree weather we had was COLD!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like it was ages ago that you guys were here but it is still cold and snowy so I know it is still winter. I know you can't wait for vacation that you so deserve. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete

A Little Bit About Me.

In an effort to stay better connected with friends and family near and far I have decided to begin this blog to share the happenings and highlights which make up the days of our lives...I hope you enjoy!