Blog Views

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Memorial Weekend Visitors




I was so excited to have the opportunity to squeeze in a quick visit with my dear friends Becky (sorority sister from Mizzou) and Chad Wood over Memorial Weekend while they were in town for a wedding. As a quick side note: for readers who don't know my friend Becky personally (or Rebecca as many people call her these days), she has been the one to design and create all of the FABULOUS Junior League Transfer Committee invitations for me over the past 2 years! She rocks and her custom stationery business, The Plaid Pen www.theplaidpen.com, has been doing great things in Kansas City and with customers all over the country! The above statement is my personal opinion and not an official statement of the Junior League of Minneapolis (<---newly JLM req'd statement)

Paul and I decided it would be fun to meet Becky and Chad for brunch at Hell's Kitchen on Sunday morning. It was so great to catch up with them and it was a good thing we had lots to catch up on because the wait was VERY, VERY long. I think we laughed and shared stories for at least three hours before we got to eat. Unfortunately, the food was not worth the wait. I am sorry to say I was very underwhelmed and disappointed with Hell's Kitchen. I had been so excited to try it out for the first time as I had heard so many people RAVE about it as "THE" breakfast/brunch place in Minneapolis, but I was NOT feelin' it. Our food was average AT BEST. Oh well, the good conversation made up for mediocre food and I suppose it was still fun to check it out. If you are ever looking for a breakfast/brunch spot I swear by The Bad Waitress on "eat street" as the best brunch spot and this experience just reinforced this. You may or may not agree, but I'm just sayin'...Hell's Kitchen is overrated. LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Love your JLM disclaimer! Go girl!

    Sorry to hear that you weren't feelin' Hell's Kitchen. I enjoyed it when I went there, but I think if you have to wait three hours for food, it better be damn good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why it's showing me as "Bradley." Weird! It's me, Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I live in the same building and only go there on rare occasions - it isn't worth the wait. Maybe we got the wrong thing during our visit and that is why we don't "get" the rave reviews?

    ReplyDelete

A Little Bit About Me.

In an effort to stay better connected with friends and family near and far I have decided to begin this blog to share the happenings and highlights which make up the days of our lives...I hope you enjoy!