Blog Views

Monday, July 20, 2009

Pork Fest II







Our dinner club dared to reprise the original 2007 Pork Fest last weekend!! We all came to a consensus that we may only be able to handle it once every two years...it takes nearly that long to recover from all that salty meat and gluttony! Emily and Eric Backstrom graciously hosted us along with the Farleys, Doseks and Wilds for a yummy backyard soiree completed with various pork dishes and accompanying side items and salads. The Backstroms outdid themselves this year with not one, but two extra special piggy desserts! Both were awesome, but the piggy cupcake put me over the edge...I should have stopped with the ice cream sandwich pig!! I am rationalizing that playing catch with the kids worked off all those calories....yeah right... ;-)

3 comments:

  1. OMG did she make those or buy them!!?? too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those desserts are adorable! Pigs are my favorite animal, so I absolutely have to find out how to make those little piggy ice cream sandwiches. I'm loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those desserts are adorable - how could you resist one? (or two) :)

    ReplyDelete

A Little Bit About Me.

In an effort to stay better connected with friends and family near and far I have decided to begin this blog to share the happenings and highlights which make up the days of our lives...I hope you enjoy!